Peroxide or Bleach
by Roger Chartier:
Tooth whitening at my home is done mainly with hydrogen peroxide.
Here is a list of some of the many uses for hydrogen peroxide.
1. Use one tablespoonful and keep it in your mouth for 5 or 10 minutes every day, then get rid of it.
- Cuts out the canker sores and your teeth will be whiter. You can always use it instead of mouthwash..
- 2. Soak toothbrushes in it to kill germs.
- 3 You can clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs, and you'll have a fresher smell.
- 4. Use it on a wooden cutting board.
It will kill salmonella and other bacteria.
- 5. For foot fungus - spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on your feet especially between the toes every night and let them dry.
- 6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A doctor claimed that gangrene that would not heal with any medicine was healed by soaking in peroxide.
- 7. Peroxide will not harm your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
- 8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water whenever you have a cold, and plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
- 9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will be greatly reduced.
- 10. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
- 11. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on
clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
- 12. Use peroxide to clean mirrors for a non smear shine.
- 13. See the article on Tooth Whitening