Photo Pages

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

The Station Nightclub

In West Warwick, Rhode Island, USA, was the scene of a tragic fire in which 100 people died 230 were injured and another 132 escaped free from injury while attending a concert of the rock band "Great White".

Photos by Roger Chartier

This website has a series of photographs taken on April 11, 2009 at the memorial at the site of the nightclub.

The fire started at 11:08 PM East Coast Time on Thursday, February 20, 2003.

It was the fourth deadliest fire in nightclub fire history in which 100 people died, four of them in hospitals afterwards.

The fire was caused when pyrotechnic sparks, set off by the tour manager of the headline rock band "Great White", ignited flammable sound insulation foam in the walls and ceilings around the stage.

The ensuing fire engulfed the building in five and a half minutes.

230 other people were injured, and another 132 escaped uninjured.

Station Nightclub Memorial 12 www.RC123.com

 

Video of the Horror

 
Disclaimer - Privacy Policy